Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 word count: 27,691

What if ... I wrote my blog like most bloggers write their blogs ... It should be like this:

Woke up. Took a shower. Ate. Went to the park with my family to eat outside and buy movie CDs. Went home at 6pm and went on a movie marathon with them until 12am.

We watched "Before I Sleep" and "Kingsman: The Secret Service."

Started writing at 1am. Went to the NaPoWriMo blog, read the challenge, and wrote a poem to it. Browsed the Internet for a while in search of inspirations. Started my new playlist for the next phase of "10th Commandment," "Side B." Wrote 1,600+ words of the side scenes.

I call them "side scenes" because they are scenes that aren't part of the original plot, but I plan to add them wherever they're needed.

On Bubblews, I reviewed "Dracula Untold." My poem yesterday was partly inspired by it.

Now, I'm writing this while listening to James Blunt. It's 4am. Ruuun Yoshimi ... run ...

I used his songs to understand my protagonist, Evelyn. But now I'm listening to this simply for listening to music.

The photo above was taken on Sunday night, Philippine time. It's a tree in the park. It's now a full-grown tree in a beautiful place. Back in 1999, it was a small tree in an empty park. As a child, I loved to sit on one of its branches and watch the sunset.

Here's my response to the NaPoWriMo 2015 Day Twelve challenge. Most of us poets poetically stumbled with the challenge yesterday, and I'm glad that the people behind the event noticed it. They made the challenge simple today. We are to write a paragraph that describes our favorite room, place, or person in great detail. Then we remove unnecessary words to create a poem.

This kind of technique ends up in a free verse. This is about my favorite person. He is the type of person who, when you mention his name, people suddenly become more cooperative.

This was actually hard to write because I'm all about the villain in Camp NaNoWriMo right now, but this man is the exact opposite of the villain. It's the most personal poem I've written in 11 years.

The Greatest Man of My Life
Greatest man of my life.
My hero.
Everyone turned their backs,
Because I seemed so impossible.
He used his influence
To force them to keep taking care of me.
The only person in the world
Who rescued me
When I needed help the most.
He got me out
Of the most difficult situations.
Isn't it ironic,
Since I don't ever remember meeting him in person?
How can a man have so much power,
That he can save someone
On another part of the world
Every time?
They tell me he looked after me
When I was an infant.
They tell me
He sang me lullabies.
Don't know if that's true.
All I know
Is he has so much influence
On my life, how I think, what I do.
People who were supposed to support me
Have forgotten me.
I find it unfair
How they were never made to pay
For their negligence,
While someone who's already busy
Goes out of his way,
Sacrifices so much
To take care
Of who they left behind.
I've always been torn between
Seeking revenge, and following in his footsteps.
One and only time
We spoke with each other,
The time I realized
The path I should take.
Talking with him
Put my mind in order.
I found the person
I should be.
A person who fixes,
Instead of complaining.
A person who helps,
Instead of mocking.
I know
He doesn't agree with
What I'm doing right now.
He dislikes people
Who talk too much.
I dislike them, too.
So we'll avoid it together,
Even though we're
On different parts of the world.

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib