Trying to Create Perfect

|
Charlene Delfin

My mother, eldest sister and I went to Sparks Place, Cubao yesterday afternoon. We chose the table near the door (and near the glass) of Chowking. My sister said that she was going to wash her hands, and walked to the sink at the other end of the room.

My mother got worried that my sister was taking too long, and stood up to go there also. I just waited for them, alone and eating my halo-halo. Halo-halo is a Filipino delicacy that consists of the sweetest fruits, sugar, ice, and other sweet food. Suddenly, a gigantic woman was standing next to me. She was holding a sharp umbrella toward me and cleared her throat in the most threatening manner that she can muster. Suddenly, my mother came running back to the table. My sister came sprinting across the room and passed Mother, putting herself between the woman and me.

The woman still tried to get to me, but eventually gave up. When she went out of the store, she stood behind the glass next to me, pointing at me and yelling. I smiled at her. She winced and shifted her attention to my mother instead, who was standing beside me. She was still yelling at my mother as she walked away.

I'm not one of those people who panic, lose their minds and become uncooperative afterwards in such situations. People often describe me as "scarily cool and collected." My family and I went on eating, laughing about what happened.

People from my family and crowd often end up in these types of incidents. I remember when I got my first death threat during my teens, my sister was like, "Welcome to the club."

In "10th Commandment," I spent last night being undecided whether to continue altering the plot, or to just leave it alone. When I first read "10th Commandment" some nights ago, I thought that it was excessively dark. I was gloomily staring into space after reading it. It was only an hour later that I recovered, and started taking notes on how to provide some brightness in the overall impression of the book. Those were the new characters, plot twists, and ideas that I added.

The only thing I'm going to do right now is to keep on writing the new plot, and see how it mixes with the previous version. If it doesn't feel right, I'll remove it and revert to the previous version. Also, I came up with a better ending scene and included it in the outline.

For NaPoWriMo 2015 Day Twenty-Seven, we are to write a hay(na)ku. It's invented by Eileen Tabios and named by Vince Gotera. It's a variation of the haiku.

The form name actually made me laugh because there's a Tagalog expression that sounds like hay(na)ku. It's "Hay, na' ko!" We have a province where the locals have a distinct accent (Visayas), and their version of it is "Hay, na' ku!" Both versions roughly translate to "Oh, my God!"

Not only does my poem use this new form, I also wrote it using a new technique and a new inspiration. I still haven't figured out how I really did it, but it's most like my art technique when I was a teenager.

I loved to draw and paint during my teens. One of my techniques was dropping colors and ink on the sketch pad, and drawing and painting wherever they dropped. There was just something perfect about natural. This poem is similar to that, but I'm still figuring out if the poetic result is as beautiful as the visual art result. I removed the punctuation marks. (Photo credit: me)

Whatever
Wow
Beautiful face
Move, speechless me

I
Cannot think
What is this?

Reverse
Upside down
Oh my God

Fierce
But soft
Hold my breath

Woah
Mysterious evil
Loss for words.

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib