No, I just decided that my second story won't be about astronauts. I finished writing the new plot yesterday. It's not horror this time, but, from my point-of-view, it's simple. I will temporarily give it the title, "Plot2", and I'm doing my best to keep it short because I just want to go back to writing "Crab". There's a new character in "Crab" who is my favorite; every hero needs a sidekick. I haven't introduced the sidekick on this blog yet, but he's already all over the story that I've written so far (he's talkative).
   It is already Week 5 of the Write-a-Thon 2011. It started on June 26, 2011, and it will end on August 6, 2011. This is the second annual Write-a-Thon of the Clarion Foundation (there was a Write-a-Thon 2010). More than 100 participants are writing as many words as they could to raise funds for the Clarion Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers' Workshop.
   The Clarion Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers' Workshop is one of the oldest and most well-respected writers' workshops. It is currently being hosted by the University of California, San Diego. The Clarion Foundation supports the Clarion Workshop "both financially and strategically, in order to ensure that the Workshop will continue to provide a high-quality educational experience for aspiring writers." The Write-a-Thon is meant to raise money for the next class of  students of the Clarion Workshop. "Due to the economic downturn, incoming Clarion students have the greatest need for scholarships in Clarion's history. It's harder than ever for young writers to make ends meet." If my explanation is a bit confusing, visit the Clarion Foundation.
   The goal of the Write-a-Thon is to raise $15,000 by August 6, 2011. So far, we have raised $10,000 in donations. That means that we have $5,000 more to go! Quick, isn't it? And you can be a part of this, too. Be a sponsor today. Check out the 2011 Write-a-Thon Participants. If you want to sponsor me, donate on my page. You may donate $5, or any amount that you can give because "each donation really does make a difference."
   The writer who raises the most donations will win an iPad. I don't care about the iPad, I don't even have an idea where to place it if I ever won it. I just joined because I really support this cause. Due to modern technology, fewer and fewer people read books. If not for e-books, blogs, and other innovations in the world of writing, writers would really have a hard time in this century. We need to improve our craft to keep up with the changes of time and our audience's preferences. This is a particularly difficult time for writers, and think about the younger, newer ones. We need to help them.
   Today, I will try to write 500 words for Plot2. Also, I need to count the words that I've written for "Crab" (because I suspect that I've gone past my goal of 4000 words ..... that's already 16 pages ....). I will publish more parts from "Crab" in exchange for donations

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib