Thursday, June 4, 2015

Writers


I take photographs through my cell phone. All of my photographs are taken from my cell phone. It's given to me by my other sister as a gift for my 22nd birthday. That's why I'm not changing it. It's hard to replace the things that family gives you.

Anyway, at 3am of Wednesday (Philippine time), I finished doing the final edit on 50% of my novel. I will just rewrite the scene where Evelyn meets the villain for the second time. I just love that scene! And I bet that some of my readers will hate it. Based on experience, whoever they are, those readers love whatever I hate and hate whatever I love. It has always been that way. It's like how cations and anions produce charge haha

On the other hand, there are people who are like my mind twins. We all agree at the exact same time. The people who are like this are usually fellow writers.

I mentioned in my other post that my close friends work in other fields. Most of these people are in the military, politics, and law-enforcement. One of the people I based my villain on is, ironically, an undercover policeman. I can't name him because, well, he's supposed to be undercover.

It's hard when you're the only writer in the place. That's why it's nice and heart-warming to meet fellow writers. I remember talking with a fellow novelist about how we make a silent squeal with joy when our hard work has come to a very positive outcome. And I was recently sharing concerns with a bunch of authors on Rachel Thompson's page about how we feel so tense when our readers don't say anything at all.

I miss this world a lot whenever I'm with Harvard students.

(Photo credit: me. Taken on June 1.)
Post a Comment