Thursday, July 23, 2015

Where the Poems Went

(5:04A.M.)
Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 July word count: 6,088

I mentioned in my post, "What Happened," that my 3-day vacation allowed me to come up with new ideas about writing. One of those ideas was leaving Bubblews.

I've been there for almost 2 years now. It used to be a happy place that was the only website where posts had Dislike buttons, so that users can let each other know if they didn't like each other's posts.

Most people joined the website for the money. We were actually being paid for posting even very short articles on the site. As for me, I joined only to earn a Dislike. I was exploring what kind of poems from me people can love, and what kind of poems from me people can hate.

While a member there, I kept seeing my in-site friends getting upset and miserable for receiving Dislikes. I'd just keep cheering them up, unable to tell them that I actually wished their Dislikes were mine instead. Up to this time, I received only one Dislike there. Well, that's something. Mission quite accomplished.

Since what happened to us in January, all of the users of Bubblews have been losing inspiration to write. The place is not as happy as it used to be. I've tried to stay on the site, because I loved its cause. But recently, it's taking too much of my time and effort without giving me enough feedback. All of my friends there have quit, and I'm planning to join them. Also, the programmers have removed all Dislike buttons.

Right now, I'm thinking of moving my poems to this blog. I've recently been collecting everything I've learned into newer poetry themes. Only a few minutes ago, I finished writing a poem titled "Everything is Right." Every line in the poem says something wrong, but the final line says what makes all the previous lines right.
Post a Comment