Thursday, August 6, 2015

... there is no escape ...

July 5, 2015. 3:26PM
I'm back here because my friend scolded me last night about why I shouldn't leave blogging. He said that blogging is actually good for me. I don't see that, though.

Many of us writers just dislike this part of being a writer. It's the part where we have to talk about ourselves, our lives, and our thoughts. If you read through John Gilstrap's tweets, he also tends to express these things about writing. Many of us hate social media. I might become like one of these authors.

Still, I'm back to blogging and currently planning how I'll organize my regular posts with the poems, tweets, and Facebook posts. I made a big mistake last Sunday with my posts for my Facebook page. The posts just ended up appearing on my personal Facebook account and not on the official page.

The plan now is to schedule the poems for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday starting next week. Regular blog posts will be scheduled for only Wednesdays and Saturdays. You just saw my poem, "Of the Fair Ankles." It's one of my most mischievous poems because it concludes that the Trojan War was actually caused by Briseis. Classicists know that it isn't true. I was just joking.
Post a Comment