Sunday, August 9, 2015

Troublemaking

July 5 9:13P.M.
I'm writing this on July 5, a few hours after writing my post for July 6, but this is scheduled for July 9 in Philippine time. This scheduling business can get so confusing and complicated, especially when your readers are all over the world. At least, people are reading ...

My friends have been surprised how I finished "10th Commandment" so quickly. Seriously, do they even consider that quick ...? I've been creating a hell of a drama behind this blog about writing it, because it's so horribly difficult. But I should just remember what my artist friend told me, "If it's not hard, it's not worth it."

Aside from having to go back in time and go back to a place that I hated and remembering the worst injuries I've had, there are two things in writing that novel that made me freak out too much. People can't stop laughing about it, though, because both things aren't really that scary to an average person. I don't even feel like talking about those things.

Ending the story was just as difficult, because I've become quite attached to the characters and their lives after four months. I just miss all the mountains, slums and the many different landscapes described in the book. I had so much fun when it came to descriptions of the views.

Now, it's time for "Only the Good." I'm currently trying to figure out how to make a couple of characters more interesting. It's Neb and Dior. They're a couple of politicians who are the parents of the protagonist, Stella. They seemed so interesting when I created them last year, but now I'm bored with the same old thing. Maybe Neb should be corrupt and Dior should be cheating. Just to spice things up. Depends.
Post a Comment