Thursday, September 3, 2015

All the Events Recently

September 2, 2015. 7pm
I disappeared from Twitter, Facebook, and this blog from Sunday to Tuesday because my family and I moved to a new place. I was so busy helping with the move and adjusting to our new place and my new life. Now, I'm back.

I just finished scheduling my tweets for this week. I forgot to schedule the posts on my Facebook page, but I'll go back to HootSuite to add them once I finish this blog post. After all of these scheduling business, I'll go back to my own life.

I've been keeping something away from you: I've been enrolled to a Computer Science course, and I just joined them about two weeks ago. I just wanted to have a little bit of secrecy, so I delayed saying it here. I concentrate better when no other living thing knows what I'm doing. But because of this course, the editing of "10th Commandment" will slow down. Don't worry, I'm still working on the book during my free time. :)

Before I go, I'd like to talk about what's happening in the town of my childhood as of the time of writing this post. At 11am today, a truck that was going down the Barangka flyover in Marikina City lost its brakes and crashed into several other vehicles and people in front of M. Cruz Street. 2 people died and it took hours for the paramedics to remove the other patients from the crash site. My friends and family are still talking over the Internet and over the phone, because my family are kilometers away now and can't go over to help. We could have gotten there if we were still in our previous home in Project 4, Quezon City.

I grew up in that area of Marikina (in the neighboring street, M. Gonzales Street) and in the 9 years that I was there, I saw a whole lot of car crashes and deaths. The worst during my time was in January 2007, when a young girl got crushed between two vehicles. It was bloody and violent, but this one is still worse than that.
Post a Comment