Sunday, November 29, 2015

About the Projects



Hi! "10th Commandment," the crime novel that I had been revising since 2013, is currently in a workshop. I just want to make it as perfect as it can be.

Margaret Atwood said, "If I waited for perfection, I would never write a word."

Still, every time I look at each of my works, I always see something that I'd like to improve. I used to think that seeing my own finished book will make me proud and dying to show it off, but now, I'm always like, "Okay, so what weird things have I said to the world again?"

Maybe that is the reason why some writers tend to take back their books after publication, updating them, and then publishing a second edition. Even with crime fiction book "An Unknown Narrator," I feel like it should have been better. I wish that Arbee was described in greater detail, I wish that the villain's motive was something else ...

The only literary work I'm particularly proud of is "From the Human Chain," the crime fiction novel that I wrote during Camp NaNoWriMo April 2014. I was so happy with it, that I wanted to just keep it to myself. Maybe it's just me, but all of the words and patterns of the plot seemed to fall in all the right places.

Writing "Only the Good" has been as hard as writing "Crab Mentality," the fantasy/horror blog series that I wrote for Clarion Write-a-Thon 2011. It took me two years to finish writing "Crab Mentality." "Only the Good" is about to get into its third year of creation.

I might need a lot of feel-good music, afternoons in the beautiful park, and maybe a supportive pet to finally finish writing that novel. It's stressful to write it because it's about terrorism. The only thing that makes writing it bearable is Apid, my favorite character in the story. He's not the lead character, and he's not even the villain. He just assists in the interrogations.

I joined in NaNoWriMo 2015, but I'm currently not sure if I'll win in this one. That's just always the way it is. There's no way of telling if it will be a win.

Anyway, in the second part of this post: I will be changing the post schedule of this blog. Posts will now be published on 8pm Saturday of New York time. I'll be publishing posts only once per week.

Also, I've created a mind map of all of the possible topics of the theme of this blog and will be following the map in my upcoming posts. This is meant to avoid the mistakes I did in the past, which included wandering far from my theme and boring my readers.

People are right: the blog does appear pleasant. I've been planning to make the theme colors red and black, but now I decided to just stick to this design. It does not look very crime fiction, but it's always important to keep the readers' eyes feeling comfortable and their minds positive. Black is rarely recommended in web design, unless it's a hacker site or some other topics that have to do with darkness. This blog will be about all things writing.

I'm sorry for my absence. My schedule was just pretty messed up after new projects and tasks came up. It's always how it is by the end of the year.

Anyway, thank you for reading and have a great week ahead!
Post a Comment