Friday, April 15, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 - 15th Day

North and South

The shining, endless light.
All things are out-of-sight.
 
This pristine quietness.
Spoken words while voiceless.
 
The sweet scents of flowers
Out of trail of stalkers
 
In soft and weak smoothness
And the sleek evilness,
 
Sweet as sugar in day
Hot as spice when it's late.
 
Vivid blue sky in sun
And long evenings of fun.
 
Winter white of still peace
In bloody strife of grease.
 
My old, joyous laughter
Doesn't make him better.
 
My absolute horror
Fills him with deep fervor.
 
Captured in his strong arms.
Free in my love from harms.
 
Breathless in his wild ways.
Alive, real in my gaze.
 
Dying because of him.
Living for all I seem.
 
Like a twister of storm,
Like whirlpool without norm,
 
Still fighting for my cause …
And still making me pause.
 
Keeping my head up high
In the flood he makes ... my ...
 
I'll bring the whiteness back.
So he can make it black.
 
*****
 
Thanks to NaPoWriMo for the poetry prompt!
 
My Camp NaNoWriMo 2016 April progress: 11110
Post a Comment