Sunday, April 24, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 - 24th Day

The Giant and the Daffodil

My little daffodil,
So beautiful and small.
Whatever is the deal,
You can handle it all
Without losing your cool.
You're making me a fool.
 
Loquacious than usual,
Expressing my weak side,
Trying to stay casual,
Though you make me divide,
And crack like tragedy
Into little fragments.
 
Saying "Wassup" like youth,
Who hasn't lived life yet.
Reciting all things smooth
To impress and inject,
When I've already won.
Still, I can't win the one
 
Heart that is still so rare.
Why do I feel so small
In your gaze, bright and fair?
Why can't I have it all,
When I thought I'm finished?
I am suddenly squished.
 
It's lackadaisical,
I know, I'm no poet ...
I don't have the focal
Point that you always met.
But at least, I have tried,
For my brain's not yet fried
 
By the evil I did,
When I thought you were gone.
The people I have failed
Haunt my nights when I'm done.
I cannot turn back time
Just like I cannot rhyme.
 
Don't ever say goodbye,
For I'll succomb to dark.
All the gloom that floats by,
Engulfing me like spark,
Where I can see nothing.
When I get no loving.
 
So shine, my daffodil,
Enlighten my spirit,
Understand how I feel,
And don't you ever quit.
Because I still need you.
I'll always be with you.
 
*****
 
The fancy words in this poem:
daffodil
loquacious
lackadaisical
 
The un-fancy words in this poem:
whatever
wassup
goodbye
 
Thanks to NaPoWriMo for the poetry prompt!
Post a Comment