Wednesday, April 27, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016 - 27th Day

Home

The horizon is neat and straight like a long, endless line to my eyes.
Time passes by so slowly on these endless waters of ocean blue.
Undulating endlessly, pushing on one another, the waves rise,
Mesmerizing to a young newcomer's eyes as the sea breezes blew,
But a part of it all to my sea voyager's mind, somewhere on the sides
Of a gigantic monster that glistens in the sun. And each wave glides.
Their sounds fall back in the distance of one's yearning thoughts after a while.
The sea air that stings the nose makes me take longer breaths and be more alive
As I yearn and reach for this life, for these swift waves never reconcile.
More than tons of water all around, where I can catch and I can dive,
But a growing thirst in my throat, within my mind and inside my heart,
For the Fates continue and decide on still pulling us apart.
Without mercy, giving not the slightest beckoning light of my hope,
Pulling, throwing me off-course, swaying my direction like the waves slope,
But how I regain direction is how I stay alive, how I cope.
My journey is never a straight line that is neat and clearly endless,
My journey is never as it appears when I am about to start,
For the sea and the sky are stronger than me and they stay relentless.
And one must come more than prepared, for death loves flying around like dart.
These are all the days that passed me by, leaving marks on my steering hands.
And in the distance far ahead, I glimpse the distinct shadow of lands.
*****
Thanks to NaPoWriMo for the poetry prompt!
My Camp NaNoWriMo 2016 April progress: 29867
Post a Comment