Sunday, September 25, 2016

How I Create My Poems and My Muse


Hello again. The exciting -ber months are here! The weather is wonderfully cool. The sun has slanted to give everything a magical and beautiful appearance. I love this time!

 

Here’s information behind the works that I published all throughout this super awesome September.

I created “Chimes of Heart” on October 26, 2014. It’s a bit like my NaPoWriMo 2016 poem, the dreamy “Made of Dreams.” The only difference is that “Chimes of Heart” is more creative. It also consists of some of my fave beautiful words and ideas.

I created “You’re Not Alone” on October 29, 2014. It’s about how, no matter how you feel lonely sometimes, other people all over this world feel the same way as you do. To feel is human.

I created “On the Ring of Fire” on November 5, 2016. It’s about my country, the wonderful Philippines!

 

And here’s information on some more of my NaPoWriMo 2016 works!

“North and South” is my first ever poem where I introduce my real muse to my readers. He has always appeared in my poetry as a friend, an enemy, but most often a lover.

NaPoWriMo gave us the optional prompt of creating a poem that was about twins. My muse is like a male version of me.

“We are Poetry” is actually about how I create all my poems.

We were asked to create a sonnet in iambs. I have a dislike of iambs because they are so hard to write in. To make the work easier, I let go of my usual artistic creativity and just wrote what I was doing.

“Red Flowers” is a homophonic translation of a poem by Nobel Laureate Wislawa Szymborska.

We were asked to create a poem that was a homophonic translation of a foreign poem. I have never done that kind of thing before and creating “Red Flowers” made me feel very awkward. Up until now, I still feel self-conscious about the idea of the real poet seeing what I did to his poem.

 

On a different topic, tomorrow is the 7th anniversary of Typhoon “Ondoy.” It is the Philippine name of Typhoon Haiyan. It was one of the strongest ever typhoons that struck the nation. It was even said to be stronger than Hurricane Katrina.

Over the past years, September 26 was always well-remembered in Marikina City. People had gathered at Riverbanks Amphitheatre. They prayed together and sent flying lanterns to the skies. It was to remember what happened on that day in 2009 …

I wonder if they will do that again this year. I hope they would. Because Mayor Marcy Teodoro was one of the first politicians to help the city after the typhoon. He was still a congressman back then.

Just the same, I will publish here a poem that I had written about the storm to commemorate the day in advance.

 

The Day When

It was the day of storm,
When the bell was broken,
When the foods filled with worms,
When my love was taken.
Dark clouds covered the sun
Like coming of The Son.
 
The end of everything,
When there was no more hope.
The children were crying
And mothers couldn't cope.
It was a sad day.
Not a way out, no way.
 
Flowing velvet liquid,
Rising flames, swirling speed,
Strong waves like the king's greed.
 
That day, sanity broke,
Shattered pieces like glass
Then we took up the yoke
And all joy this heart has,
For the day when hope died,
Was the day we survived.

 

And that’s all for this month. Thank you for visiting my blog and see you again!
Post a Comment