Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lost in Verse


Hi, how are you?

Like in previous months, I’ll talk about the works I published all November.

I created “The Swan’s Song” on December 28, 2014. I have lost grip of what it’s actually saying. But there was a time in “The Ancient Greek Hero,” when we discussed Achilles’ death. Our professor described it as a “beautiful death.”

In ancient Greek epic poetry, a brutal death in war is considered beautiful. You can understand why it’s beautiful. Because it is a heroic death. That is what I was trying to say through my poem. Idk.

Swans were believed to sing before they die, and “swan song” is the term used for a person’s deed before death. The title and the inspiration for my poem is a man whose surname sounds like “swan song.” He inspired my best poems.

I created “Shell Shock” on January 15, 2015. My family had moved to Project 4, and I was experiencing a weird bunch of feelings. There was just this chilling thing inside of me that also surrounded me and always tempted me to think darkly. I didn’t know if that was just the result with me if I ever had everything I wanted in life. Maybe Pensionne Calderon was just haunted. Or maybe I was depressed from moving. Still, it gave me a difficult time coming to creating the works that I used to create so well. I call this period in my writing life, “The Blackout.” Everything in my mind picture was just dark and it got reflected by my few works at that time.

I created “A Feather in My Notebook” on January 27, 2015. My sister kept borrowing my laptop. I got the laptop back for only about 2 hours. I spent most of my time scribbling on my notebook, or finding something to do on my smartphone.

I was starting to feel miserable, not used to the feeling of so many hours passing by with me not earning anything. So I began to plan a mobile blog that can earn revenues. I had been writing site maps even before we moved into Project 4. I was looking for one of those in my notebook, when I came upon a feather.

When we were still in our previous home, one of the birds who loved to perch outside our window dropped a feather inside our house. I picked up the feather and placed it within the pages of my notebook.

Once we were already in Pensionne, seeing the feather again gave me a rush of vivid memories of our old house. It was like I was there again. I used this opportunity to laud the best traits of the place. I was reminiscing about how it inspired me to create the best works I ever created.

 

Here’s more about my NaPoWriMo 2016 works.

On the 22nd day of NaPoWriMo, we were asked to create works for Nature.

“Still Alive” is inspired by “Still Breathing” of Digg the Kid. It was my fave song at that time, and the soundtrack of my second fave movie.

On the 2nd day, we were asked to create works about our families. Each stanza was supposed to describe each member of the family.

I found this dangerous, endangering my loved ones’ privacy. So for “Diversify,” I decided to describe each of my family members as poetic metaphors. I thought of the most well-known traits of each one. I chose the ideas that represented those traits. The intelligent one is the owl, the beautiful one is the flower, etc.

That’s all for now. Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment