Tuesday, April 25, 2017

GloPoWriMo 2017, Day 25: The Room of Dreams

One day, I was resting
After a long, long walk,
Before much more walking.
I was too tired to talk.
Then I looked up and saw
A high and dark window.

It was in a huge house
That was overlooking
The valley where my blouse
Will be warmed by shining
Rays of the setting sun
A long time from year one.

As I stood there below,
Silently gazing up
This great, hidden window,
I simply couldn’t stop
To dream that I was there,
Up in the peaceful air.

How nice it would have been
To have my own bedroom
And things that can be seen
From such a kind of home,
From such a high window.
My dreams began to grow.

To see every real slope,
Observe the aligned trees
Cling to the ground in hope
As the wind sings and breathes
While illuminated
As night and morning wed.

Though I was still right there,
Below the high, high house,
Existing so unfair
And as small as a mouse,
Although I walked away
Because I couldn’t stay

O I have lived to tell.
I’ve been to the valley,
The slopes, the winds that swell.
In blouse that wave lightly
From a room that still seems
To build even more dreams.

(Note: I skipped for 2 days because I got sick.)

Camp NaNoWriMo word count: 2,572
Post a Comment