Saturday, April 29, 2017

GloPoWriMo 2017, Day 28: The Mirage

One word at a time, love.
Like waves that come at me,
Bleeding those words, I have.
Next month, I will be free
To miss this day and time.
Like collecting a dime

And yet another dime,
Until you make it big.
Baby steps ain’t a crime,
Always done in my league.
And even if you crawl,
They will just go to drawl.

As long as you arrive
Beyond the second five,
For you just gotta strive.

And when you think you’ll lose,
When you almost give up,
When all your ends are loose,
And you decide to stop.
Only one step to make,
And you will make your break.

(Sorry for disappearing again yesterday, guys. I just got a severe headache, because I'm actually still sick. I'm supposed to be recovering, but I've been working too hard. I prioritize my other tasks over NaPoWriMo.

Anyway, my poem is inspired by Camp NaNoWriMo. There is always a mirage that serves as a horrible illusion in front of an unfinished book. It discourages the writer from ever writing the first word, and it remains your demon all throughout the project. It fades by the end, though, and you realize it was just a book. Just saying.)

Camp NaNoWriMo word count: 16,910
Post a Comment