Tuesday, April 4, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 4: To Be Here and Alive

To Be Here and Alive

A sunrise that's covered
By stormy clouds that rain
On my skin. I shivered,
The feelings in my brain
Of a touching embrace ...
They still make my heart race.

The echoes keep calling
As I follow the scent,
But it goes on fading
In a life that is spent
With past I can't repeat
And future where we'll meet.

Why did you leave me here?
Alone in daily fear
While enemies draw near.

I see you in faces
In the crowds I observe
And I feel your presence
In the words I still serve,
But the devil still stays
In the details of days.

You're a beautiful dream
When I woke up and missed.
All of the things you seem
In the soft morning mist,
You're the mirage ahead,
You are the lies they said.

For he will never stop.
Call me when it's over,
When I'm dead, floating up
I won't live forever.
I'll tell you what it's like
To be here and alive.
Post a Comment