Sunday, April 9, 2017

NaPoWriMo, Day 8: Feel Free to Procrastinate

Today's poetry prompt at the NaPoWriMo site is writing a repetitive poem. I have fear of repetition and I almost rebelled against this prompt. I came up with a good idea, though. This poem tells how I procrastinate for school projects. The title is inspired by one of the things that Harvard Computer Science Professor David Malan likes to say about submitting the school projects, "Feel free to procrastinate a bit."

Maybe it is just me, or professors and teachers have a way of staying on their students' minds. I can almost repeat every phrase that Professor Malan likes to say, including, "Computers are dumb." He is one of the best professors of Harvard. I wish all professors spoke as quickly as he does. Because I usually fall asleep when the professor speaks slower than Professor Malan. I just have to say this because he is really great.

Feel Free to Procrastinate

I have deadlines coming
To work on blah and blah.
But first, I am going
To meditate. Ooh. Ah.
I need my relaxed state
So I cannot be late.

Do it now. Don't be late.
Do not procrastinate.

I need to eat breakfast
Because I need to be strong.
And I shouldn't eat fast,
Lest I'll digest this wrong.
If I don't get much food,
My health won't be this good.

Do it now. Don't be late.
Do not procrastinate.

Oh, I need to get out
To get some real fresh air.
Shouldn't study brains out,
Should cherish weather fair.
See through the morning cold
The beauty of the world.

Do it now. Don't be late.
Do not procrastinate.

I am hungry again.
And it is my lunchtime.
But shouldn't I just bend
My old routines for the time?
For it's halfway through the day
And I know what they'll say

Do it now. Don't be late.
Do not procrastinate.

Post a Comment