Week 2 Recap: #100DaysOfCode

|
Charlene Delfin

 

Day 8: May 8, 2023



Today's Progress: I began merging the CSS of my Books page into the CSS of my homepage.

Thoughts: I almost gave up and decided to just keep two CSS files, but not having only one CSS file just doesn't feel neat. So I pushed on and so far, the two are merging well. By the way, I just learned a better way to design this log from Joe Warren. I will try to edit this log and improve it in the following days. I am starting today and I am sharing the image below as a marker of how this log looks today, before I begin editing it.




Day 9: May 9, 2023


Today's Progress: I finally merged the CSS of my Books page and my homepage!

Thoughts: I am having a headache today and I am a bit sleepless. Still, when it is code, I'm just hooked. :) By the way, I'm also developing a table of contents for this log. You can find the TOC at the top of my log on GitHub. I do it outside of my 100DaysOfCode hours, though.




Day 10: May 10, 2023



Today's Progress: Having already set the measurements for the rest of the website, whatever followed next was fast. I added and finished a Poems page, and then I started working on my Programming page. I had to pause my 100DaysOfCode timer to create web content and gather images.

Thoughts: I can't believe how quickly the coding today went. It is even faster than drag-and-drop on Wix! All that I need to do now is to write the web content for my Programming page.




Day 11: May 11, 2023



Today's Progress: I finished the web content for my Programming page and started uploading the new files to my repo. The live version of my site is now 50% up-to-date. I started working on my Shop page, adding product images to my repo and unhiding products Zazzle had hidden.

Thoughts: Even though it has been the plan, I was scared to add the new files to my repo. Because I feared destroying my website forever. There are still errors I need to fix, but I'm relieved it worked!




Day 12: May 12, 2023



Today's Progress: I continued working on my Shop page, but the next step was to write web content for it and that wasn't coding. So I proceeded to fixing errors on my live site and editing files in my repo to get enough coding done today.

Thoughts: I do not know why Zazzle is taking too long to unhide my products. I also do not know why the lines of my code in my books.html file can't get aligned. I'm trying to have neat code. By the way, I changed my GitHub appearance to dark so that I wouldn't be squinting at my screen all the time.




Day 13: May 13, 2023




Today's Progress: I returned to Codepen on the night of Day 14 to finish my Shop page. Today, I finished my Contact page, edited my repo files, and fixed errors in the mobile view. I also resumed studying JavaScript. I also followed Adrian Wydmanski's advice.

Thoughts: I still don't know what to write in my About page. It's hard to write bios because whatever I write today could be irrelevant in a few years.




Day 14: May 14, 2023



Today's Progress: I learned how to concatenate variables to form strings, the different ways to manipulate different types of arrays, how to create functions in JavaScript, and how to create a function that outputs the sum of two number arguments.

Thoughts: I'm surprised JavaScript actually sees a difference between data types, because the C programmer in me was starting to get an OCD attack with the way JavaScript seemed to mix up the different data types. By the way, this is Day 2 of me not coming up with something to write on my About page.

Links to work:

1. Up-to-date version of my website

2. My repo

3. My freeCodeCamp progress

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib