Week 3 Recap: #100DaysOfCode

|
Charlene Delfin

 

Day 15: May 15, 2023





Today's Progress: I added a privacy policy to my website, updated the README file, and cited sources in my CSS file. I added my Camp NaNoWriMo 2023 Winnder badge to my blog, and added grayscale to all of the HTML widgets. I edited the HTML/CSS of my 7 Cups profile.

Thoughts: I feel so tired, but I feel happy about all the things I finished today. I do not know why my 7 Cups profile is not cooperating with most of my code, though. To lighten up the mood, here is a cute dog GIF I tried (and failed) to add to my 7 Cups profile.


Day 16: May 16, 2023


Today's Progress: I returned to GitHub at midnight of Day 15 (or morning of Day 16) to fix the CSS of the privacy policy link in my website and improve the README file of my Blogger widgets app. Today, I learned all about switch statements in JavaScript on freeCodeCamp.

Thoughts: I should be studying JavaScript continuously to properly cook my brain, but my OCD keeps reminding me that the README files of all of my repos need to be improved, I might not make it to the 7 Cups bio designers team because my profile doesn't look the part, my About page is still not done ...


Day 17: May 17, 2023


Today's Progress: I learned to use bracket notation as much as possible instead of just dot notation, learned how to build and work with JavaScript objects, and met the JavaScript cousins of the infamous C villains called "loops" and "recursion". Being JavaScript doesn't make them any friendlier.

Thoughts: I wonder why freeCodeCamp accepts my solution as correct when I use bracket notation, and rejects it as incorrect when I use dot notation. There must be something wrong with my understanding of dot notation.


Day 18: May 18, 2023


Today's Progress: I learned about the space-saving, time-saving conditional (ternary) operators. Then I tried to get used to recursion.

Thoughts: The photo above is me trying to work out the logic of freeCodeCamp's recursion --- and failing (I used .pop() instead of .unshift()). The photo below is me using Playcode to try a technique taught by Sara A. Metwalli.



By the way, I use Hacker Vision. That's why freeCodeCamp above is black. I've been using it since 2013, it helps me work on a computer for many hours.



Day 19: May 19, 2023


Today's Progress: I finished the Basic JavaScript of freeCodeCamp.

Thoughts: Maybe I'm still confused, but recursion appears to not follow the usual order of execution of code. It doesn't even appear to follow the order of loops. It's like the lowest line of code gets executed before the higer lines of code. I might still be confused.


Day 20: May 20, 2023


Today's Progress: I learned how to create a function that returns the sum of each of its arguments added together with the rest parameter, copy an array to another array without using a loop, and use destructuring assignment for objects and arrays.

Thoughts: I should remember that the apostrophe is not the backtick. *saves to permanent memory*


Day 21: May 21, 2023


Today's Progress: I finished the ES6 part of the JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures of freeCodeCamp and started the Regular Expressions part. I am finally getting to the part where the course teaches how to use JavaScript on a website.

Thoughts: I have been worried that this course would never mention how to apply what I'm studying in a way that would help me finish an actual, complete software and that it would all be just theory. I got excited today when I found out my worries aren't correct. :)


Links to work:

1. My website repo with the new and updated files

2. My Blogger widgets repo

3. My 7 Cups profile

4. My freeCodeCamp progress

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib