Week 10 Recap: #100DaysOfCode

|
Charlene Delfin

Image by Quang Nguyen vinh from Pixabay


Day 64: July 3, 2023


Today's Progress: I accidentally created an infinite loop twice, causing my browser tab to freeze twice. I stopped the loop, and also fixed the bug from yesterday. Now I just need to come up with a computation that makes the program reset this particular loop to the correct number.

Thoughts: Accidentally creating an infinite loop in a code playground that autoruns feels a little amusing. It was like I got taken away by a real, giant whirlpool in the middle of the sea. ðŸ˜‚😅🤭


Day 65: July 4, 2023


Today's Progress: I came up with the computation for the loop using duck debugging, updated my pseudocode to match the turnout of my program, and left another note for when I return.

Thoughts: The code version of my computation for the loop isn't exactly like how I planned it in duck debugging, I shortened it once in code form because it was faster and simpler.


Day 66: July 5, 2023


Today's Progress: I decided to wrap almost the whole chunk of code within this condition with a loop without adding any modulo operator. It works, but I'm still checking if it's working in the correct way.

Thoughts: Skipping the modulo operator led me too early to some of my fears, which are floating-points. *blood-curdling scream* FLOATING-POINTS!!! The modulo operator saved my life in CS50x, but this might be different.


Day 67: July 6, 2023


Today's Progress: I figured out the next part of the program by trying to see how I would solve the problem if I were a computer. I wrote down how I did it and turned it into code. Now I'm trying to figure out why two TEN are in one array.

Thoughts: I had difficulty focusing today, I can't even think of how to describe it. A hit-and-run had taken place across the street from my house last night. I didn't see it happen, I just saw the victims. It was so bad, I started sleep talking again. I had a sleep talking problem in 2020 when my neighbor got killed, but I fixed the sleep talking. I've seen worse things in the past. You continue with your life, you pretend everything's fine, but when you see horrible things too often for more than 30 years, it feels kinda too much. Maybe many, many years from now, I would just start shouting random profanities when I see horrible things. I knew a military neighbor once who was like that. They said he had PTSD.


Day 68: July 7, 2023


Today's Progress: I was looking for the bug that was causing "TEN" and its total (and more) to appear more than once. I moved chunks of code around, but it was still there. In this image, I marked what might be causing it. I will look deeper into this when I get back.

Thoughts: The real mystery is the number 1. I wonder where it's coming from. ðŸ¤”


Day 69: July 8, 2023


Today's Progress: I fixed the repeating TEN and fixed lots of other bugs. Now I just need to fix the computation of TEN. I found what's causing it, it's because I assign the same number of bills to a variable with every loop.

Thoughts: By the way, I got a scholarship grant to attend the master's degree program of the University of the People in Information Technology last June. It's the reason why I slowed down in freeCodeCamp, I need the time to prepare. I'm also still figuring out how it would go since I am new to UoP. I've been reading their catalog and reviewing my math. ðŸ™‚


Day 70: July 9, 2023


Today's Progress: I fixed the bug from yesterday. I could go back to freeCodeCamp and test this, but if it turns out to be already complete, I might not get the chance to clean it anymore. So I decided to create a separate sandbox to experiment on the best ways to clean the code. I managed to remove nine lines of code by defining multiple variables in one line and replacing a for loop with the map method.

Thoughts: We could define variables in one line in C, so I tried it on my JS program.


Links to work:

1. My second sandbox

2. My third sandbox

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib