Week 9 Recap: #100DaysOfCode

|
Charlene Delfin

 


Day 57: June 26, 2023


Today's Progress: I included the pseudocode from yesterday into my code. It produced several errors, but I fixed all of them and it worked. Now I wrote new pseudocode. This time, it's complete pseudocode.


I still haven't thought how to turn this pseudocode into code. Anyway, one bug down, two to go.

Thoughts: This project is turning out to be the most complicated of them all. It really needs pseudocode, and maybe it also needs commenting. The good part is that my head is buried too deep in the math to get an OCD attack.


Day 58: June 27, 2023


Today's Progress: As I began to implement my pseudocode from yesterday, I suddenly decided to experiment instead. After searching again and again for the JavaScript playground that would fit my needs, I settled for CodeSandbox. Then I began experimenting whether or not my for loops could be turned into functions. The screenshot above still captured my first function. Code playgrounds I've used in the past saved my code after I signed up for the website. But when I signed up for this one, Ta-dah! All of my code was gone. I had to manually create a new sandbox. In the process, I learned about document.write() and console.clear().

Thoughts: I just want to at least get to know the alternatives to for loops some more before I finish this course.


Day 59: June 28, 2023


Today's Progress: I finally learned how to use the Array.map() method, but I deleted it because I also learned that it wasn't needed in my program. Then I succeeded at turning my for loops into functions. In the image, I was trying to create a connection between the functions because I was planning to turn them into nested functions.

Thoughts: This log is beginning to get laggy when I'm editing it. Maybe I should remove some parts. Also, I just learned that all repos come with a "top" button that scrolls to the top of the page. I might not need my "Back to top" links after all.


Day 60: June 29, 2023


Today's Progress: I continued adjusting different parts of my functions to make them do what my pseudocode said they should do. I also added new ideas to my pseudocode based on the results of my current program.

Thoughts: I wonder if I really should remove the "Back to top" links of my #100DaysOfCode log. Because the "Top" button of GitHub brings you to the top of the screen, and you still have to scroll down to get to my navigation, but my "Back to top" links lead directly to my navigation. I have to choose between user-friendliness for viewers of the log and usability on my side.


Day 61: June 30, 2023


Today's Progress: I studied my code and predicted that if I went on with my functions, it wouldn't work. So I created another sandbox where I returned to for loops. I also fixed little errors I hadn't seen before.

Thoughts: Maybe I'm wrong, but I think my functions can't be nested. They need to be used with for loops and variables for them to work correctly, but why make functions in the first place if there would still be for loops? It would just add unnecessary lines of code. They might work with recursion, but I can't predict right now which arguments should change.


Day 62: July 1, 2023


Today's Progress: I realized that I spend too much time each day reading my code upon returning, so I decided to comment my code so that it would be easier to read next time. Doing so made me realize that the sequencing of my lines of code was disorganized. So I also organized my lines of code. Now I'm trying to figure out what's still missing. This is almost the complete pseudocode, but the answers are still totally not in the right order.

Thoughts: I was super tired today, the kind of exhaustion when you get an uncontrollable tendency to stare into space and almost black out. Good thing, programming keeps me awake.


Day 63: July 2, 2023


Today's Progress: I finally put the answer in the right order, but the sum of the second set of bills is still incorrect. I located the bug and left a note on it so that I'll work on it when I get back.

Thoughts: I am as exhausted as yesterday. ðŸ˜«


Links to work:

1. My freeCodeCamp progress

2. My first sandbox

3. My second sandbox

4. My #100DaysOfCode log

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib