Week 11 Recap: #100DaysOfCode

|
Charlene Delfin

Image by Marco from Pixabay
 

Day 71: July 10, 2023


Today's Progress: I decided to pause cleaning my code and check if it was working on freeCodeCamp. I discovered that it actually had two bugs I didn't see. I fixed my map method to remove the first bug, but I still cannot find what is causing the second bug (the change should have only one one-dollar bill).

Thoughts: I find it really mysterious how there are so many one-dollar bills in the change.


Day 72: July 11, 2023


Today's Progress: I noticed that I had been reading my code from top to bottom too many times without finding the bug, so I decided to read it from the opposite direction. I thought I found it, but it turned out to be not the bug. So I started using duck debugger to visualize what was happening. I left a note on top of the file to mark my progress for when I get back.

Thoughts: Wherever that bug is, it's most possibly associated with the sum variable. ðŸ¤”


Day 73: July 12, 2023


Today's Progress: I finally found the bug from yesterday and fixed it. I proceeded to looking for and fixing another bug. This second bug is hard to fix because I had previously created it to fix another bug (the repeating TEN).

Thoughts: I would not want to apply for a job one day and have someone from the company look at my freeCodeCamp solutions and see how messy my code was, but sometimes, I am tempted to submit this program as is.


Day 74: July 13, 2023


Today's Progress: I fixed the new bug, but now my program looks terrible. There is only one bug left to fix, but I'm intentionally keeping it there so that freeCodeCamp wouldn't mark my course as finished yet. So that I can still clean my code.

Thoughts: I don't know why I'm suddenly so tired right now.


Day 75: July 14, 2023


Today's Progress: I fixed the last bug anyway, but I won't submit this program to freeCodeCamp yet. I will remove the garbage code first and implement as many of the things taught in the course as I can.

Thoughts: This program is unnecessarily long and complicated. I can't wait to simplify it. Because simple is clean and clean is efficient.


Day 76: July 15, 2023


Today's Progress: I tested my program with the other problems and discovered that my last bug fix actually destroyed my solutions for all of the previous bugs! I am looking for a better bug fix.

Thoughts: Doing this program and reviewing college math for MSIT of UoPeople is causing my brain to be constantly swimming in a myriad of different numbers. ðŸ˜µ‍💫 Headaches are daily now. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I just need to take more breaks.


Day 77: July 16, 2023


Today's Progress: I fixed the other bugs all over again and returned to having only one bug. I decided to just proceed to cleaning my code, because it's so hard to find my way around now. I managed to remove a few lines of garbage code. Now I am trying to figure out how to not look for bills and coins in cid twice. Code shouldn't repeat.

Thoughts: It feels reliiieving to clean my code. Very therapeutic. ðŸ˜Š


Links to work
1. My second sandbox

2. My third sandbox

3. My sandbox for garbage collection, sort of

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib