Hello, my name's Charlene.
I'm the former leader
Of the papers you've seen.
But my reign is over,
For the people opined
I get out of your mind.

The secrets of people.
Details about their lives.
The decree is simple:
Whatever pulls and drives
Their society, shall
Be kept secret. Hidden.

Don't repeat what you see
Beyond this point. Don't keep
Your memory of me.

Forget about papers
Where little people live.
I stepped down to be safer,
Be able to relive
What it's like to walks streets
As anybody else.

2 comments:

Manja Mexi said...

Dear Charlene,

Thank you for your final words. I included them in my cento alongside other final Day 30 lines by fellow poets. Please find it here:

https://manjameximexcessive6.wordpress.com/2023/05/07/four-april-centos-no-1/

Charlene Delfin said...

Wow, thank you so much! So happy to be part of your cento! :)

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib