Layers upon layers of petals,
Formed in a circular fashion.
A circle within a circle,
Neverending,
Complicated,
But beautiful.

Many different shades
Of red.
O I've lost count.
Hypnotic,
Confusing,
Addictive.

Wide and bright like eyes
That see everything,
Every particle in my soul,
Every love,
Every hatred,
Everything I don't wish to be seen.

I can still remember every twist and turn.
Vividly.
(Even when he's not here.)
A memory that won't die,
Alive in dreams
That are more real than
Reality.

Coming back to life
At the mention of
A name,
A song,
A food,
A place.

I hold this chrysanth,
And think of you.
Will you talk again?
Echoes of the past
That bounce off the halls in my head.
The first "I love you",
And the last "goodbye".

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

This makes me think of Rilke "petal against petal, you rest
within yourself, inside."

Charlene Delfin said...

Wow, thank you for sharing this Rilke poem. It is so amazing!

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib