Dear readers,

You know that I’ve been participating in a write-a-thon by publishing poems on this blog. I’ve set a goal of publishing 85 poems before August 5, the date on which the write-a-thon will end. A write-a-thon is like a walk-a-thon. But instead of walking, I’m writing, and instead of lining up pledges per mile, I’m trying to line up pledges per poem. With 47 poems published today, I’ve gone past halfway to my goal!

The Write-a-Thon has been hosted annually for the past few years by the Clarion Foundation, a wonderful organization that provides funding for the highly respected Clarion Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers’ Workshop at University of California, San Diego.

The Clarion Writers' Workshop is one of the oldest and most well-respected writers' workshops in the nation. Established in 1968 by Robin Scott Wilson with help from eminent science fiction writers Damon Knight and Kate Wilhelm, the workshop provides an intensive six-week education in the basics of creating speculative fiction. In terms of impact, recent graduates compare it to their experience of doing an MFA.

Thank you for reading all of the poems that I’ve created so far; you just raised my blog stats to an all time high!  I need to tell you that this new attention encourages and inspires me to be more creative and reach my goal of 85, published poems! If you’d like to donate to my cause, please visit my writer page to sponsor me or make a pledge; it will definitely drive me to do better in poetry! When you sponsor me, it won’t go to me, it will go to Clarion. Here are words from Clarion:

“University of California, San Diego has set us a $25,000 matching challenge. Every dollar you raise, every dollar you donate up to our goal will have double the impact.

When you donate to Clarion you are helping new, challenging, vibrant voices emerge. Our alumni and instructors include significant writers who have shaped the field. Your donations help bring about the next generation. “

To some of you who can’t donate, you are absolutely welcome to read my poems and, perhaps, give critiques via the comments section, my email, my Facebook profile, and my Twitter. Happy reading!

Charlene

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib