Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 word count: 21,646

I wanted to stop at 17,000 words last night because the characters just kept making me cry, but I went on 'til the story shifted to the villain's wealth.

His riches are overwhelming. He's got everything that anyone could ever dream of, except maybe a plane.

I wanted to finish at 20,000 words, but there was this scene that I had been planning since February. There are just some times when I truly feel like writing, and this morning was one of those times. It's hard to catch that feeling. So I went on 'til I reached this word count.

I've left off from everything I've ever written of "10th Commandment." I'm on my own now, and just realized last night how the book seems to take so much of me. All my past experiences became useful in the story. Actually, even more than my experiences are required for this kind of story. I need to research on that deadly tango scene.

I feel a bit tired right now after all that writing.

On Bubblews, I reviewed "Into the Storm."

Here's my response to the NaPoWriMo 2015 Day Nine challenge. We are to write a calligram, or a visual poem. A calligram is a poem that is shaped like an object. I created a calligram of a tree back in 2012, so my calligram this time is a bit more mature. It's Nefertiti's famous statue. I excluded her headdress, though.

The photo above shows how I created the poem. Drawing a female head on an old notebook, and messily scribbling words all over it with a fading pink marker. I've never written a good poem with my new pen, but I've written lots of good poems with that marker. So I used it even though it's old. The poem was originally about a very tricky kind of woman, but I later removed some lines and ended up with Nefertiti.


Queen Nefertiti
               In all her deep intelligence lies her truth
             Like the silky dark hair that grace real smooth.
         The beauty that inspired a nation for many a year.
          Though her gaze the bravest men of power so fear,
        For her eyes can see through their most crafty lies.
     He looks into those eyes, and then his thought flies.
  Those powerful eyes that know so quickly true,
But about her deeper story there is no clue.
             For all those desires she did invite,
             Nobody's  affections did she requite,
                                          For she's still strong;
                                            With him is not wrong.
                                               Her side no one has seen,
                                                 The side they'll never win.

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib