Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 word count: 31,480

Even though I don't drink coffee, my insomnia is like the effect of coffee: it's followed by a crash. I was so tired the other night after traveling all day, and just slept instead of writing.

I've been unable to write much of "10th Commandment" because of the crash. Also, I traveled to Marikina after publishing my previous post. I'll try to write more of it today. The villain is in control at this point of the story. I have this writing rule that goes, "The story is not good until the villain starts to sound right." It means that I should keep writing until the villain makes sense.

I'll be taking a one-day vacation from Bubblews.

Here's my response to the NaPoWriMo 2015 Day Sixteen challenge. We are to write a terzanelle. According to Wikipedia, a terzanelle has five triplets and one quatrain. The middle line of every triplet is repeated as the last line of the next triplet, and the first and third lines of the first triplet are the third and fourth lines of the quatrain. It got me horribly confused. I realized later that the trick was to just write. It worked out as I went on with every line.

It's a love poem that's inspired by blogging, the advice of my songwriter friend, and the villain from a short story that I wrote this morning. (Photo credit: me. Taken late last year in Marikina City.)

Amadeus
You're looking for answers
Like a moon shining light
In the gloom of the night.

I'm like a silent air,
As quiet as a kite.
Like a moon shining light.

We're both like leaves of trees.
Here on earth, living life.
As quiet as a kite.

You are my sweetest friend,
Holding with your own might.
Here on earth, living life.

Your thoughts are my blossoms.
O I love how you fight,
Holding with your own might.

I'm one of them quitters,
Even though you are right.
You're looking for answers
In the gloom of the night.

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib