Camp NaNoWriMo 2015 word count: 37,287

My villain is losing his mind. I make him real horrible in the story, but I know what his real problem is. I just can't tell that to the whole world because he has a scary reputation to keep haha

I finally published my "K-19: The Widowmaker" review on Bubblews. Let that be my review for today, because I'm already so tired. I need to save energy for the rest of this day.

Here's my response for the NaPoWriMo 2015 Day Twenty-One challenge. We are to take a page from a book, print it, and erase any word to create our own poem out of the remaining words.

It didn't feel like being original at first, but I soon started to have fun doing it. I chose the article from Wikipedia about Odysseus. I loved the character of Odysseus since I was 10-years-old. I have a whole Spotify playlist dedicated to him. The songs say the things that we learned in HarvardX when we studied Odysseus.

I simply erased the words depending on how Odysseus himself would erase them. It's easy to write a poem from the point-of-view of Odysseus, because I've been doing it for years. He is the primary topic of all of my poems. The result of my creation for this challenge got me sniggering in front of the computer, though. It's like Homer became Edgar Allan Poe haha

I removed every part that mentioned Palamedes, because the real Odysseus would do exactly that. Philostratus has written so much of how Odysseus bribed everyone into wiping Palamedes' name off history. Also, "Odysseus convinced a Trojan captive to write" is funny because people during Odysseus' time can't write.

For this image, I copy-pasted the article from Wikipedia into a word document. My erasures are pretty messy. I cut up the image into two images to make them bigger and easier to read. Just use the zoom tool of the browser if they're still hard to read.






No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib