I won't be writing on Bubblews from today until April 4. Most of my friends there are Roman Catholics and will be away for Holy Week. There's no use being there when everybody else is away. Instead, I'll be spending my extra time on I.Q. United.

Back in 2012, I created a group on FreeRice called I.Q. United. Never had time to manage it, or even invite members. My biggest contribution to FreeRice has been through another member's group, Nerds against hunger.

Anyway, I'm writing the optional prompt from Day 1 of NaPoWriMo. We're supposed to write a poem of negation. Hope I did it correctly.


A True Friend

You ain't my enemy.
I feel no hate for you.
I won't let you be
In all the pains you're through.
To me, you're no monster
As this world goes faster.

You're unlike stormy seas.
You never flood my home.
You're unlike noisy pleas
Of the devils who roam.
You ain't my new poison,
And you give no prison.
 

Al the devils may cry,
They keep asking me why
By your ways I abide

You're no fragrance of death.
You haven't left me here.
I offer you this wreath,
For you I do not fear.
And now this poem ends.
You're my good and true friend.

No comments:

Books

Event Badges

Search This Blog

Popular Post

About Me

My photo
Philippines
Freelancer learning to build software

Views

(C) Copyright 2018, All rights resrved 1st Non-manuscript. Template by colorlib